Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vampires or Werewolves: Guest Post- Carrie Ann Ryan


Vampires or Werewolves: The Debate of an Era
            A choice that hurts my brain. Honestly. Fangs or Hair? Claws or Talons? Blood or um... Blood? You see, I love them all. I can’t choose! If we forget the old versions of both in which they all are evil and blood sucking and gross, we can just look at what we know.
Vampires, sparkly or not, have a sense of old age and wisdom. You see them with their chiseled features and tormented souls and you fall in love. Now, if you think back to the late 90’s, they were just on the cusp of transitioning between soulless creatures and hot heroes who save the world. In essence: Buffy’s Angel. *sigh*
But look at Seth Green’s werewolf in that show? Brainless monsters that were more demonic dog like, rather than the wolves we love today.
Werewolves, to me, are more in tune with the Earth. They are muscled and manly and highly family oriented in Packs. They do have an animalistic side that may cause them to have a short temper and growl more, but I still love them. I love their over protectiveness and hearing them from their wolf counterparts.
Why do I have to chose? Oh, yeah, I kind of did when I wrote A Night Away. LOL In my world there are no vampires. I didn’t see my world with them and their culture. I couldn’t picture it. Maybe it’s because the books I’ve read recently have left me cold towards vampires, while werewolves are earthy and warm, but that is what my brain did.
In my world I also have demons, witches and some other goodies that you will find out later on in the Redwood Pack series. But sorry, no vampires. I love reading the conflict between the two major genres, but I didn’t want to write about what I love to read. I wrote what came to me. I mean, one on my favorite all time characters is Bones from the Night Huntress novels. And Ms. Frost wrote about vampires with no shifters in her world. Love it.
            Now, I made HUGE generalizations here. There are so many different types of each, plus thousands of types of other types of paranormals. But that’s what makes romance novels an amazing idea. You can find what you want, when you want.
            My werewolves are connected to the Earth, but also connected to their human world. Jasper Jamenson and his family are highly loyal and fierce fighters. I love my boys and their mates. I wrote about werewolves now, but who knows, I could chose vampires next.
            I don’t need to chose between the two, I can open a book, or click on a Kindle link, and find my hero. Why chose?
            Now for you guys – Vampires or Werewolves? I’m in a wolfy state so I went with my hairy friends. But what do you like? Why?
Two lucky readers who comment blog will be randomly selected to win signed bookmarks. Good luck! Be sure to leave your email!


Author Bio:
Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate - even if its just in her books. Happy endings are always near - even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.
Her first book, An Alpha's Path, is the first in her Redwood Pack series. She's also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.
Carrie Ann loves hearing from readers. You can find her at:


An Alpha’s Path Amazon  Barnes & Noble ARe
A Taste for a Mate Amazon Barnes & Noble ARe
Trinity Bound Amazon Barnes&Noble ARe  

No comments:

Post a Comment